Sunday, June 26, 2011

A Deeper Meaning

I went drumming yesterday and half way through the drumming for the very first time, I walked out quite upset. I wasn't upset because of the drumming, I was upset about this blog. I haven't fully focused on Djembe and how it is to me personally. I don't represent Ala, I try to market him freely because I believe in is teaching capabilities and I believe in Djembe. The thing is, I haven't let you know what Djembe has done for me. I don't like spiritual things but a lot of these things have been happening to me, I believe it is because I have become more aware of my surroundings thanks to being in Alpha State.

Time to really dig deep don't you think!

I'm not all knowledgeable, I don't know anyone in the group so when I speak now, I don't really speak on behalf of anyone except myself. Maybe they will agree with me, maybe they won't but this is Me, not them. This blog is my blog and it's about me and djembe. It's a personal thing for me! I have to stress that I am not Ala's manager or his sales person, just in case any of you think that. I want you to experience his drum circle because it's benefited me and my life so much! So let's begin...

Djembe master in my point of view is getting back into your natural flow of rhythm. Today we have cell phones and those invisible waves that screw up our natural rhythm. Today we have microwaves, that also screws up our natural rhythm. Technology has made us stressed, wired, tired and emotional. We need to get back to our roots and who we are as people because all in all, I know I have lost myself in work, priorities and chores. I know I need to reestablish who I am as a person and allow myself the freedom to be me. I need the freedom to relax and love people. What Djembe does is it brings you back to your rhythm and makes you more aware of what is around you. You become a master of your own life. The spirit allows you to heal. Each beat is a beat from the heart and in that is a healing unexplainable!

I am deaf in my right ear. I never accepted myself as a person. I never truly embraced who I was until recently. I never embraced my full name which is Davida. For years I have called myself Dee but now I know the importance of the name I have been given and I am aware of my place in this world. I don't know if all the credit goes to djembe but I have never seen so much improvement in myself as a person. I still have lot to learn but there is definitely something about djembe that has helped me. 

First of all I realize that I run away easily from problems, issues, hurts, pain, anger but these days I embrace every single issue in my life and I know there is nothing that is random. Since djembe, I have been called many weird things, some have said I'm psychic (no I'm not, I follow my gut, my inner voice always). I have also had many weird encounters where a stranger came up to me and asked, "what is wealth?" and i replied, "you are already wealthy" and he walked off smiling leaving me really puzzled. Yet a week later, I experienced major burn out because I am in the corporate world and I was working so hard for money when all the wealth was right in front of me! Money is not wealth! It's something I have to continually remember. So for me, Djembe has become somewhat of a spiritual journey, a journey of self discovery, learning where I am weak, embracing who I am, as I am and learning to love unconditionally!  We are all masters of our own lives. We should all respect eachothers cultures, beliefs and emotions. We are one. One drummer and to me, that is what it is about. The sooner we make other people the primary focus of our lives, everything falls into place. As soon as we shut out the outer noise and make our own noise, life begins! Don't listen to outer voices, make your rhythm known and believe in who you are as a person. I don't worship my drum but I do worship my maker and in that, I worship how He sees people and life. I don't see the world through my eyes but I am open to the plans that this universe has for me. I know without a doubt in my heart that me falling in love with djembe drumming was not a random accident, it is my instrument. My love for music isn't random, it is my soul that yearns for it and I know that in music is life!

Deep hey.. lol.. I don't like to even talk about my feelings but it is my truth. Vulnerability is inevitable when you are truthful and it's okay! I still have much to learn but I am absorbing life and embracing everything that is in it! We are all djembefolas, if we allow it! Now I know, I am the voice that can make a change in this world! It is my responsibility to be the change! Now wonder my rhythm has improved so much! I am aware :)

I decreased some of my work load again so rededicate myself to my family and friends. I trust! That is something that I have never been able to really do, thanks to meditation through rhythm I can really see the issues holding me back from real life. I won't be remembered for my corporate life but I will be remembered for my love! I'd rather love than store riches! I am thankful and grateful for everything in my life right now! I don't care what people think, I find that awesome! Bring on the rhythm!





3 comments:

  1. Blogging is quite a commitment :)
    But I think once you get into the flow of posting regularily its much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment! Yes, I realise that I have not focused enough on the blog! I'm definitely going to spend more time on it. Are you on twitter? Thanks for the follow!

    ReplyDelete