Friday, January 7, 2011

Jah Drums in Coffee Bay



My wish list is to go back to Transkei, Coffee Bay to visit Jah Drums and build our own Djembe drum! When we were there a few months ago, we stayed at the Sugar Loaf Backpackers. What an awesome place to be! Thing is we didn't draw enough cash to build our own drum and the closest bank is roughly a two hour drive... So we will have to wait until next time. Got to save up and get babysitters etc. for our next trip.

Coffee Bay

We had such a great time over there! Just wish we had prepared for it. I had no idea that I'd love it so much! Transkei has this feel to it that cannot be described. We still spoke to one of the guys that were there who had planned to visit for one week but ended up living there instead. I completely understand why he didn't leave.



 

Anyway Jah drums is something I am eager to do. If you love djembe.. it's a trip worth your while!



No comments:

Post a Comment