Thursday, January 6, 2011

Djembe drumming on the beach

On the 5th of Jan 2011 - My husband and I decided to go drumming on the beach with a cocktail in hand. The sunset blew my mind and the drumming... awesomeness!

I could do this everyday.  The weather was a scary 40+- degrees celcius. There is no way to describe how great it is to be there and just take yourself away from routine.
Every one needs a place where they find pure peace.. I could not ask for more! My son was running around. My dogs were running on the beach and my husband had a great drumming session with me. Ah.. treasured moments indeed!



We hope to have some more sessions on the beach with a crowd of other Djembe drummers eventually. We do go to drumming lessons in cape town but there is something about the beach that just seems to bring out the best in us. Once again. there are no words to describe it!

No comments:

Post a Comment